Why Retire in the Philippines?
- Eco-tourism Destination
Philippines can provide the retiress enldess choice of world-class destinations that will bring them closer to mother nature and beautiful sceneries.
- Cost of Living
The cost of living in the Philippines is relatively low – housing, food and labor costs are quite reasonable.
- World-Class Medical and Healthcare Services
Philippines has exceptional healthcare services and facilities that are comparable to the best anywhere else.
Some of the world-class hospitals in the country are St. Luke’s Medical Center (Bonifacio Global City), Medical City (Pasig City) and Makati Medical Center (Makati CBD).
- Filipino Hospitality
Filipinos are naturally warm, friendly and hospitable
Understanding each other will not be a problem betwen the retirees and our people. Almost every Filipino can understand and speak some English. Philippines is also considered the third English-speaking nation in terms of population.
- The Philippines ranks 17th in the ‘World’s Best Places to Retire’ in 2016 by International Living, Annual Global Retirement Index
- The country ranks 18th in Top Expat Destinations for 2015 by Expat Insider
Special Resident Retiree’s Visa (SRRV)
Megaworld Corporation in partnership with the Philippine Retirement Authority (PRA) authorizes the developer to facilitate applications for the Special Resident Retiree’s Visa of qualified foreign clients investing in its real estate products.
Special Resident Retiree’s Visa or SRRV is a special non-immigrant, multiple-entry, indefinite-stay visa which allows holders to stay in the Philippines for as long as they wish to stay in the Philippines without giving up their citizenship. SRRV is a core product of Philippine Retirement Authority (PRA).
Conversion of Deposits
Retirees who qualified to join the PRA Retirement Program has the option to convert their time deposit into active investments after a holding period of 30 days from the date of SRRV issuance.
Total amount of investments must be at least USD50,000 for conversion to be allowed.
Areas of Investment
A retiree can choose to invest their required deposit through the following means:
- Purchase and acquisition of a condominium unit
- Long-tem lease of house and lot, condominium or townhouse for a period not shorter than 20 years
PRA-Accredited Projects of Megaworld
- One Uptown Residence – Uptown Bonifacio, Fort Bonifacio, Taguig City
- Paseo Heights – Makati CBD
- Savoy Hotel Mactan Newtown – Mactan Newtown, Lapu-lapu City, Cebu
- Mactan Belmont Luxury Hotel – Mactan Newtown, Lapu-lapu City, Cebu
- One Central – Makati CBD
- Two Central – Makati CBD
- Three Central – Makati CBD
- 8 Newtown Boulevard – Mactan Newtown, Lapu-lapu City, Cebu
- One Pacific Residence – Mactan Newtown, Lapu-lapu City, Cebu
- Greenbelt Hamilton – Makati CBD
- Venice Luxury Residences – McKinley Hill, Fort Bonifacio, Taguig
- Noble Place – Binondo, Manila
- City Place – Binondo, Manila
- Savoy Hotel Manila – Newport City, Pasay City
- Savoy Hotel Boracay – Boracay Newcoast, Boracay, Aklan
To learn more on how to join the program and apply for an SRRV, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.